Monday, May 26, 2008

Another thing that keeps me up at night...

So I've been a little remiss on posting lately, but I promise I have a really good reason. I'm not normally inclined to post personal stuff on these blogs, but a lot of you folks already knew that my wife and I were expecting our first baby sometime around now. Last week, he decided to show himself to the world. Say hello to baby Liam:


The surprised look on his face is because I was telling him about the digital signage industry at the time -- the number of overlapping vendors, the lack of standards or formal metrics, the continual volume of hype fed into the channel. But fear not, a solution is at hand: he promises to start working on the problem as soon as he learns what his fingers are for.

Thanks for your patience, folks. Things on the blogs should get back to normal in a few weeks :)

- Bill

3 comments:

Lynn Marentette said...

What a beautiful baby!


I posted a link to your summer reading list on my technology supported human-world interaction blog. Thanks for the info.

Bill Gerba said...

Thanks, Lynn! I'm bringing in a new editor to these blogs to make sure the whole sleep deprivation thing (which has definitely kicked in) doesn't show its ugly effects in my writing :)

Lynn Marentette said...

I remember those days. Soon you'll get a bit more rest!

I understand your baby's expression..